Design and CNC machine cutting
The first stage of every WikiHouse is design and cutting of the timber sheets.
- WikiHouseAU designs are derived from ‘Open Sourced’ creative commons.
- Computer Aided Designs (CAD) are converted to CNC (Computer Numeric Control) driver format. CNC cutting provides speed and accuracy in cutting sheet material.
- The parts are efficiently arranged in cutting patterns to save wastage and sheets coded W-wall, F-floor and R-roof for ease of use and checking.
- Sheets are CNC cut in ‘break out’ format (like an aeroplane kit) to control handling, efficiency with palettes stacked in the order of erection.
- The CNC cut sheets are stacked in four separate palettes; floor, wall, roof cassettes and splines (elbows).
CNC machine cut sheets